Tips for PNW Winter Driving: We're Not Out of the Weather Yet!
Recent snowfall throughout the Pacific Northwest has resulted in accidents all over the roadways. While we may be nearing spring, the weather here in the PNW is simply unpredictable. In order to best prepare yourself for what may be a wet and white early spring, here are a couple of tips to ensure a safe and reliable commute.1. Be sure to take care of any current problems that your vehicle is having as cold weather tends to make problems like hard starts even more apparent.
2. Keeping up with scheduled maintenance such as 30/60/90K services will ensure your vehicle is ready for all that Mother Nature has to throw at it..
3. New wiper blades are a great way to ensure that you can see clearly through hard rain and snowfall.
4. Perform a coolant flush to ensure that your radiator and cooling system are operating properly during the holiday driving season..
5. A battery check will ensure you don't end up stranded because you can get the electrical power necessary to get the engine spinning.
6. Double check all your lighting. Headlights, tail lights, brake lights, reverse lights and all other exterior lights should be working for proper safety reasons and for legal ones!.
7. Check your tires to ensure they have sufficient tread and that there is no cracked or bubbling rubber. Consider upgrading to all weather tires, if you don't have them already.
8. A brake check is always a good idea to ensure optimal braking power on slick roads..
9. Replacing the fuel filter and air filter will help ensure maximum fuel efficiency this winter..
10. Test your heater and defroster to ensure a warm and comfortable ride!.
11. A first aid kit should always be kept in the glove box or trunk in the event of an accident, especially during these slippery times.
If you need assistance with this winter auto maintenance in Everett be sure to visit ONB Automotive for expert service. For years we have been helping people keep their cars running great by offering dealership alternative auto repair and maintenance. Give us a call at 425-317-9618 to request a quote or schedule an appointment for superior auto repair in Everett today!
O.N.B. Automotive Blog
Written By Brian Corey
Published By MORBiZ