What is Preventative Auto Maintenance & Why is it Important?
All cars, trucks and SUVs that travel the world's highways and byways have one thing in common. They all require routine auto maintenance. When a vehicle is first in the design stages the engineers take into account all of the services the engine, transmission and other systems' future needs to ensure that they remain in top notch shape for many, many miles. You can find your vehicle's maintenance needs printed inside the owner's manual. By following these guidelines you can help your car have a long and healthy roadlife. If you don't, you'll soon be facing extensive auto repair bills.
What is Preventative Auto Maintenance
There are many different services that can be considered preventative auto maintenance. Even services you complete on a regular basis ensure your vehicle continues to run right.
- 30/60/90K maintenance - Most vehicles require major service check ups every 30,000 miles, which is why this maintenance is referred to as 30/60/90K. During these appointments the technicians will perform a variety of checks and diagnostics to ensure everything is in proper working order.
- Oil change - Approximately every 3,000 miles your engine needs to have its oil changed to ensure it can operate freely without excessive friction. Oil changes also remove contaminants from inside the engine, restoring power and fuel efficiency.
- Fluid services - There are numerous fluids that are used by your vehicle t operate its various systems. On occasion these fluids need to be drained and refilled, called a fluid flush, to ensure they are free of impurities that can hinder the operation of the car. These services include the power steering flush, coolant flush and transmission fluid flush.
- Timing belt replacement - Your car's timing belt likely needs to be replaced every 75,000 to 105,000 miles. If this belt is not replaced and it snaps you'll soon need major engine repair.
Why is it necessary?
There are a few very important reasons to never skip scheduled auto maintenance.
- Prevents breakdowns - By conducting these services you lessen the chances of a breakdown. This means that your car will suddenly be unable to operate or very difficult to operate.
- Saves you money - The cost of a breakdown and repair is much more than that of routine auto maintenance. It may seem strange to have to spend money on your vehicle if it is operating properly but by giving your car the service it needs, it will last much longer and without expensive problems.
At O.N.B. Automotive we offer complete auto maintenance in Everett for most makes and models of vehicles. To schedule an appointment for service or auto repair in Everett give our dedicated team a call at 425-317-9618 today!
O.N.B. Automotive Blog
Written By Brian Corey
Published By MORBiZ